The Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman’s Corporate Plan 2022-25 sets out our vision, purpose, key activities and strategic priorities over the next four years.
The IGTO plays a critical role to ensure and assure that the administration of the tax and superannuation systems is fair, equitable and transparent. Throughout the past 18 months, our team has worked to support all Australians impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our key strategic priorities are:
- Communicate clearly, effectively, independently and with integrity
- Ensure that our tax complaint investigation service is approachable, contactable and responsive to the changing needs of the community
- Improve the skills, expertise and resilience of our people and organisation
- Provide independent thought leadership and expertise
- Engage with stakeholders in the tax administration system
Our Corporate Plan highlights the key internal and external factors that contribute to us achieving our vision and purpose. It also highlights the breadth of the tax and superannuation in Australia and the key stakeholders with whom we interact.