An Information Publication Scheme (IPS) has been established under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
The FOI Act requires agencies from 1 May 2011 to publish:
- specified information on agency operations under the IPS
- information accessed in response to FOI applications in a disclosure log.
The FOI Act also encourages proactive publication of information held by an agency.
The Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman (IGTO) provides the following information in accordance with the IPS and will continue to identify and publish information accessible through this website. See the IGT's agency plan to implement the IPS for further information.
Who we are
IGTO's corporate structure
- Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman - Karen Payne
- Deputy Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman - Andrew McLoughlin
The Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman is employed under the Inspector-General of Taxation Act 2003. Other staff are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
What we do
Our reports and responses to Parliament
Reports to Parliament
The Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman (IGTO) conducts reviews on behalf of the Government. Following completion of a review, the IGTO provides a report to the Minister which is subsequently tabled before the Parliament. Completed reviews are listed on the Reports of Reviews page.
Information routinely provided to Parliament
The following information can be found on the IGTO website on the Accountability & Reporting page.
- IGTO file titles
- IGTO's contracts ($100 000 or more)
- Departmental and Agency Appointments (since 2011)
- Departmental and Agency Grants (since 2011)
Routinely requested information and disclosure log
From 1 May 2011 IGTO will publish a disclosure log of information to which IGTO has provided access under the FOI Act.
The IGTO Corporate Plan is located on the IGTO website on the Accountability & Reporting page.
Information regarding IGTO legal expenditure and grants is located on the IGTO website on the Accountability & Reporting page.
Information regarding IGTO lists is located on the IGTO website on the Accountability & Reporting page.
- IGTO Accountable Authority Instructions [PDF 5.88MB]
- IGTO Gender Equality Action Plan [PDF 111KB | DOCX 65KB]
- IGTO Gender Equality Action Plan Targets Setting [PDF 527KB | DOCX 172KB]
We are extending our Gender Equality Action Plan 2017-2019 to the 2020 year whilst we draft a new plan following the anticipated release of the Australian Public Service Commission’s Gender Equality Strategy in 2020.
IGTO invites comment on IPS
Comments or complaints regarding IGTO's IPS information holdings and whether they are easily discoverable, understandable and machine-readable can be provided to the FOI contact below. IGTO will arrange to make documents available in alternative forms upon request where possible.
Telephone: (02) 8239 2111