Back to top
- Australian Tax Office, Test Case Litigation Program, April 2005 downloaded from the ATO's website at www.ato.gov.au.
- Commissioner of Taxation, Large Business and Tax Compliance, Address to the International CFO Forum, Sydney, Australia, 13 October 2005.
- Carmody, M (Commissioner of Taxation), Tensions in Tax Administration, ICAA NAB Gala Luncheon Address, Melbourne, 14 March 2003. Available at http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/sp200301.htm>.
- Commissioner of Taxation, Annual Reports 1995/96 to 2004/05.
- D'Ascenzo, M and Martin, S A unique taxation partnership for the benefit of the Australian community, Speech given to ATO/AGS/Counsel Workshop, 3 April 2004 downloaded from www.ato.gov.au.
- Attorney-General, Legal Services Directions, Appendix B, (the model litigant rules) issued pursuant to section 55ZF of the Judiciary Act 1903, with effect from 1 September 1999 and 1 March 2006. The directions are available on the Attorney-General's web site at www.ag.gov.au.
- Auditor-General, Legal Services Arrangements in the Australian Public Service, Audit Report no 52, 20 June 2005, p 35.
- Australian Law Reform Commission, Managing Justice: A review of the federal civil justice system, ALRC 89, 2000.
- T Matruglio, Part two: The costs of litigation in the Federal Court of Australia, ALRC Sydney, June 1999, p 59. Available at http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/other/alrc/publications/dp/62/report_index….
- Review of Business Taxation (Ralph Review), A Strong Foundation — Discussion Paper 1: Establishing objectives, principles and processes, November 1998, Commonwealth of Australia.
- The Treasury, Report on Aspects of Income Tax Self-Assessment, August 2004, Commonwealth of Australia.
- The Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia, Joint Committee of Public Accounts, Report No. 326 — An Assessment of Tax: A Report on an Inquiry into the Australian Taxation Office, 1993, Commonwealth of Australia.
- Bennett, P College of Law, Book 1, Duty of Solicitors and Barristers.
- Bersten, M The Rule of Law and the Need for a Charter for ATO Litigation Charter, Paper for the Law Council Taxation Workshop, Victoria, 24-26 October 2003.
- Bersten, M Independence and the Accountability of the Commissioner of Taxation, Paper for the Law Council Taxation Workshop, Coolum, Queensland, 9 November 2002.
- Chapple, S Income Tax Dispute Resolution: Can we learn from other Jurisdictions? 1999 Australasian Tax Teachers Association Conference.
- His Honourable Justice Garry Downes AM, Government Agencies as Respondents in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Paper delivered to the Australian Government Solicitor Government Law Group, Canberra 16 June 2005. Available at http://www.aat.gov.au/CorporatePublications/speeches/downes/GovernmentA….
- Gleeson, M Courts and the Rule of Law, Melbourne University, 7 November, 2001. Available at http://www.hcourt.gov.au/speeches/cj/cj_ruleoflaw.htm.
- Gordon, M Tax Litigation- does the Commissioner make a difference? Paper for the ATO Litigation Workshop, Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne, 3 April 2004.
- Law Council of Australia, Discussion Paper regarding Test Case Litigation Program, Law Council of Australia Business Law Section Taxation Workshop, 15-17 October 2004.
- Hon Justice McHugh AC, Tensions Between The Executive And The Judiciary, Australian Bar Association Conference, 10 July 2002. Available at http://www.hcourt.gov.au/speeches/mchughj/mchughj_paris.htm.
- Mavrakis, N and Davy, T Discussion Paper regarding Taxation Litigation, Law Council of Australia Business Law Section Taxation Workshop, 15-17 October 2004.
- Murphy, Terry S C Litigation —Riding the Beast, Taxation in Australia, Issue 39, no 7, February 2005.
- Richards, R Confronting the Tax System, Parts 1 ,2 and 3, Taxation in Australia, vol 31 no. 2, 3, and 4 August, September and October 1996.