It is now almost time to leave a post that I have held for the past 10 years. Some months ago, I said that I would not take my foot off the pedal till the very end and I am pleased to say that I have been true to my word!
Even in my final weeks we have completed a number of significant tasks including:
• public release of the ATO’s Fraud Control Management review;
• finalisation and transmittal to the Minister of the Future of the Tax Profession review;
• tabling the IGT Annual Report 2017-18, including our financial statements;
• appearance before the Senate Economics Legislation Committee; and
• conclusion of our Enterprise Bargaining process with 100 per cent of valid votes being cast in support of the new Agreement which will see the agency through to 2021.
I have also been presenting at a number of events in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Tasmania. This has provided me an opportunity to re-connect with old friends and colleagues. I have committed to further speaking engagements well into 2019, so if we have not caught up yet, there is still hope.
In the midst of all the above, I am still packing up my office and preparing myself for the next chapter. It has been a privilege and an honour to serve the community as the IGT. I will truly miss the role, my team and the many colleagues who have become friends. I hope that our paths will cross in future and when they do, don’t be a stranger.