Before you contact us
We are responding appropriately to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) risks, including social distancing, quarantining and self-isolation.
We prefer that you lodge your complaint online. You can also lodge a complaint by calling 1300 IGT TAX (1300 44 88 29) between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time. We will ask you to provide an email address for further communication.
Currently, we aim to contact you within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. Additional delays may be experienced if further actions to manage COVID-19 risks are required. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Please have the following ready:
- your Tax File Number (TFN);
- your personal details (for example - your name and contact details);
- an explanation of which ATO or TPB actions have caused you concern and how those actions have impacted you;
- the main facts, relevant dates and any supporting documents;
- what you have done to try to resolve your complaint;
- where you are at now - the result to date; and
- the outcome you want from your complaint.
If you are lodging this complaint on behalf of another person, we will need to confirm that you are authorised by that other person to discuss their affairs. We have prepared a standard authorisation form which may be accessed through the Complaint Form. You don't need to be a registered tax agent – provided you are authorised to assist.