When you contact us
We are responding appropriately to the COVID-19 pandemic, including social distancing, quarantining and self-isolation.
Lodging your complaint online is the quickest way to raise your concerns with us. Online complaints will receive an immediate confirmation that we have received your complaint.
You can also leave us a voicemail message to request a call back by calling us on 1300 IGT TAX (1300 44 88 29). We will reply to your message within 3 business days. Please note that we are screening all messages to prioritise urgent complaints.
Currently, we aim to contact you within 10 business days of receiving your complaint to confirm our understanding of your concerns. Additional delays may be experienced if further actions to manage COVID-19 risks are required. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Please have the following ready:
- your complaint reference number from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or Tax Practitioners Board (TPB);
- your Tax File Number (TFN);
- your personal details (for example - your name and contact details);
- an explanation of which ATO or TPB actions have caused you concern and how those actions have impacted you;
- the main facts, relevant dates and any supporting documents;
- where you are at now - the result to date; and
- the outcome you want from your complaint.
If you are lodging this complaint on behalf of another person, we will need to confirm that you are authorised by that other person to discuss their affairs. We have prepared a standard authorisation form which may be accessed through the Complaint Form. You don't need to be a registered tax agent to be a representative – provided you are authorised by that other person to assist them.