We believe in the fair, equitable and transparent administration of the tax system. We can investigate your complaint about the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). We have direct access to ATO officers, records and systems and can (for example):
- assist you with an extension of time to pay;
- review the ATO's debt recovery action;
- investigate delays with processing tax returns;
- follow up on delays in responses;
- confirm whether the relevant information has been considered for your matter;
- better understand the actions and decisions taken by the ATO (or the TPB); and
- identify other options you may have and the agencies that can help you.
If you are unsure whether we can assist you, please contact us. Even if we can't resolve your issue, we work cooperatively with other agencies and service providers and can help you identify who can best help you.
What we cannot do
- investigate how much tax you need to pay;
- provide you with advice about how to structure your tax affairs; and
- assist you with decisions made by other government agencies.
Even if we can't resolve your issue, we work cooperatively with other agencies and service providers and can help you identify who can best help you.