The Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman (IGTO) has prepared its Corporate Plan which notes our purpose is:
- To improve the administration of taxation laws for the benefit of the community.
- To provide independent advice and assurance (to individual taxpayers, agencies or the community in general) through investigation, review and reporting that Australian taxation administration laws are operating effectively and consistent with community expectations.
We are developing a principled framework through community consultation to better:
- understand and capture the community’s expectations regarding improved administration;
- inform and direct our allocation of resources for investigations, reviews and reports;
- inform and direct the scope of our investigations, reviews and reports; and
- measure, reflect and report on our performance.
We want to know what good tax administration means to you. Click on Community Feedback to share your thoughts.