The IGTO Graduate Program
The IGTO is piloting a graduate program for the 2022 year. Be part of this exciting new initiative for our agency by being one of the first graduates!
Our 12-month graduate program will:
- challenge and enrich your learning
- develop your skills, knowledge and confidence
What to expect from us
- an intensive 12-month graduate program
- challenging work rotations to develop your skills and explore different areas of interest between tax complaints, tax reviews and corporate governance
- dedicated training and development opportunities
- a program manager to support you throughout the year
- flexible working arrangements that includes work from home and flexible working times
- a workplace culture that is supportive and promotes equal opportunity
- a small team of like-minded professionals
- Working level access to the Senior Executive Service Band 1 and Band 2 and the Agency Head
- $600 lifestyle allowance per annum to support your health and wellbeing
- Reimbursement of relevant professional association memberships
- Fortnightly wellbeing sessions
On successful completion of our graduate program, you will:
- gain an ongoing role that is relevant to your discipline
- receive a salary of over $70,833 with an employer superannuation contribution of 15.4%
- continue to receive a wide range of employee benefits, including flexible working hours, four weeks of annual leave and annual salary advancement.
Australian Government Graduate Program
Join us at the Australian Government Graduate Program Careers Fair on Monday 15 March 2021 from 11am to 1pm to learn more about our agency and our graduate program. Register at this link
2022 IGTO Graduate Program
Our graduate program provides an opportunity for you to develop in a dynamic and high profile organisation, located in Sydney. As an IGTO graduate you will work alongside other professionals, contributing to the improvement of taxation administration in Australia.
We are looking for people from the following areas of study:
- Accounting and Commerce
During your 12-month graduate program you will:
- be offered challenging, interesting work
- undertake relevant specialised hands-on training
- develop your skills and knowledge
- shape your career
You must meet the IGTO’s eligibility requirements to apply for the 2022 graduate program:
- In accordance with the Australian Public Service Act 1999 you must be an Australian Citizen at the time of application
- you must have finished at least a bachelor degree by 31 December 2021, with at least a credit average or higher; and
- your most recent degree must be no more than five years old on the date you lodge your application.
- on engagement, you are required to uphold the Australian Public Service (APS) Values and comply with the APS Code of Conduct as enshrined in the Public Service Act 1999.
- on engagement and in accordance with Section 22 (6) of the Public Service Act 1999, a security clearance is a condition of employment for employees of the IGTO.
If your only qualification is from an overseas institution, you will be required to provide Australian documentation recognising your qualification(s).
The key dates for our program are:
- 15 March 2021 – Australian Government Graduate Program (AGCP) careers fair
- 30 April 2021 – applications for the IGTO 2022 Graduate Program close
- June 2021 – Virtual interviews occur
- Offers from 1 July 2021
- 31 January 2022 – IGTO Graduate Program commences.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by calling 02 8871 8725 during business hours.
Applications for the 2022 Graduate Program are now open! Apply now by submitting the following:
- A copy of your academic transcript.
- Your resume.
- A one page pitch telling us why you want to join the IGTO and what you would bring to the role.
Applications close on 30 April 2021 by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF copy: Download File | PDF, 146 KB
Our Enterprise Agreement for 2018-2021 is available in PDF.